Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1277 Posts in 183 Topics- by 140 Members - Latest Member: yahaabe

June 26, 2017, 04:43:40 PM
Frogames - Official ForumsPenguins ArenaGeneral DiscussionPAME Documentation
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PAME Documentation  (Read 30039 times)
CANON
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 28, 2008, 03:20:34 AM »

PAME

Introduction

The PAME is the Penguins Arena Map Editor. It's a tool to create your own level for the game Penguins Arena.

The PAME use the TGE (Torque Game Engine) Mission Editor to create or modify maps for the game Penguins Arena.
All the informations in the Mission Editor Introduction are useful to use the PAME and understand the basics : http://www.garagegames.com/docs/tge/general/ch04.php
GarageGames forums are very active and contain TONS of useful tips and informations. To search the GarageGames website and forums, use this form: http://search.garagegames.com/search?site=GarageGames&client=GarageGames&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=GarageGames&proxycustom=%3CHOME/%3E&ie=&oe=&lr=

DOWNLOAD the PAME

here for Windows and here for MacOSX.

----------------------------------------------
Penguins Arena specific features :

DEATH TRIGGER (Trigger - mort)
When a penguin enter this trigger he is eliminated and the shark animation is launched.
This trigger have to be aligned with the WaterBock.

HOT POINTS - COLD POINTS (SimGroup - points_chauds, SimGroup - points_froids)
Those points are used by the AI. Basically, a bot is attracted by hot points (points_chauds) and pushed out from cold points (points_froids).
The size of those points define the power of the action.

SPAWN POINTS - OBSERVER POINTS(SimGroup - PlayerDropPoints, SimGroup - ObserverDropPoints)
Spawn points are points where penguins are spanwed at the beginning of a game.
Observer points are points where players are spawned as ghosts when all the penguins of their team are dead.

BONUS / PROPS / DECORATIONS
Most of the decorations are static shapes, and some are shapes. Basically, every animated or scripted prop/decoration is a shape. For instance bonus are shapes and trees are static shapes.

PLAY YOUR MAP
After editing or creating your map, go to the folder "Frogames_PAME\starter.fps\data\missions" of the PAME, copy the .mis and .ter files of your map.
Then, paste it in the "PenguinsArena\starter.fps\data\missions_moding" folder of your copy of Penguins Arena.
Launch the game : Your new map is now available in the "Custom map" game mode!

FAQ

Q: How can I save my map in the PAME?
A: Go to the File menu and choose "Save Mission" or "Save Mission As". Remember you can't overwrite the template.mis file.

Q: Can I choose any name for my map?
A: The only restricted name is template.mis /  template.ter.

Q: Can I change the resolution and controls of the PAME?
A: Yes, you just have to open the Edit menu and to choose "options" to change your graphical / sounds / controls settings.

Q: Can I create a new map and let my friends play it?
A: Yes. Your friends just have to install your new map (.mis and .ter) in the "PenguinsArena\starter.fps\data\missions_moding" folder of Penguins Arena.

Q: I didn't purchase Penguins Arena. Can I create maps and play them?
A: Yes. The PAME is free to use, so you can create or modify maps without restrictions. While playing custom maps, you will have the same restrictions as you have playing a classic map (bonus restriction...)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 06:12:20 AM by CANON » Logged
playme2112

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 04:11:24 PM »

how do i get in Huh
CANON
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 10:07:11 AM »

I think you may start to download the PAME (here for Windows and here for MacOSX)
Davidtcd

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 03:21:13 AM »

Can you help me out a little bit? I'm not really good at using it . Can you post a tutorial or at least give me basic things?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: